I was so excited I almost sent a boob pic to a coworker who’s also into sewing, hehe. Thankfully I restrained myself!
Comfy 4-way stretch jersey with bitty buttons and just a bit of lace. 😀
I am loving this Watson Bra Pattern from Cloth Habit. My 2nd time trying an Indie pattern, and another success! It even provides more support than I expected from a wireless bra. Super easy to put together with the clear instructions – even more so with the Sew-along the author provided on her site. Her site is awesome by the way – you may find yourself addicted – don’t say I didn’t warn you!
I actually tried the “Longline” version first as my sizing test. Decided to make the regular band the second time around since with my very short torso the longline was too long. I really want a longer band though, so will have to play with the pattern to get a…errr… “Mid-line” bra? 😜
Oh, and one more helpful trick. In my trial run it was rather bulky at the point of the cup hooking to the straps. I used the technique in this post from Madalynne the 2nd time around and it helped a lot.
Total cost $11.65
- White jersey $2.35 – Fabricland
- White fold over elastic $0.90 – Fabricland
- Icy white lace $0.50 – Sew Sassy
- Hook & eye, rings, sliders – $0.80 – Sew Sassy
- White powernet $2 – Sew Sassy
- 1/2″ plush waistband elastic $1.60 – Bra Makers Supply
- Sheer lining $2.00 – Bra Makers Supply
- Plush Straps $1.20 – Bra Makers Supply
- Cute buttons $0.40
Pattern cost $20.22 CAD (PDF version)
- Medium length band
- All lace version
- Attempt to add foam cups
- Make the matching bikini panties